What makes a brand, a brand? You. Your brand is a unique and individualized tool that is the backbone of your business. And it’s personal. To fully optimize your website for your brand, you must use personal search engine optimization.
Personal SEO has a lot to do with you and more to do with your business. If you conduct a quick Google search for Bill Gates, you will see a personal brand, complete with social media, websites and other pertinent information. When someone searches for your online brand, what do they see?
Understand Your Brand
A brand identity is critical to the success of your business. When it comes to your website, everything from design to voice to the person behind the brand (i.e. you) speaks on behalf of your business. But before you can optimize for your personal brand, you must first understand your brand. Start by answering a few questions about your business:
- How do you help your audience solve a problem? This helps to explain what is different about your product versus everyone else’s. Who is your audience? What do their personas look like?
- What is your brand personality? How you speak, how you write and how you design your website and marketing material must all convey your brand personality or the quirks that make you unique.
- What are your core values? Think about what is most important to you and your customers. These values set you apart from the competition.
- What is your mission statement? Your mission statement speaks to your standards and the promises you fulfill for your customers.
Once you have a big picture of your brand, you must measure how well your personal brand conveys your business. When someone searches your name, are they receiving accurate information about your business? This is where personal SEO steps in.
3 Tips to Optimize Your Website for Your Personal Brand
When it comes to personal SEO, your name is your keyword. Just like any other keyword optimization task, you must remember to use best practices. Here are three tips to get you started optimizing your website for your personal brand today.
1. Use Your Website’s Real Estate the Right Way
Your website page titles and meta tags should be optimized for your personal brand. Remember to optimize other visible areas of your website such as headers, your home page and landing pages, too. Customers should be able to associate your personal brand with your business.
Sign your blog posts with your name or use your name on your about page. Place your name or identifier where it makes sense instead of stuffing it which will hurt your SEO efforts.
2. Offer Only High-Quality and Relevant Content
Yes, high-quality and relevant content makes all the difference. On your website pages and your blog, make sure the content you produce under your brand is adding value. Content should be original and well-written, giving Google a reason to find value in your content, pushing it further up in the results.
3. Generate Social Engagement
Although it isn’t known just how social engagement effects website search results, engaging with your audience creates brand awareness. Promoting your content and activity across your social media platforms directly impacts the amount of traffic your website receives.
Want SEO Help? We’re Here for You
Your branding is essential for the success of your business. Need help optimizing your website for your brand? We’re here to help. Reach out to Legit Click Media today to get started building your brand by calling 414-465-2285 or sending us a message online.