“Content is King” is more than just a well-known marketing buzzword. There really is no better way to attract, inspire, engage and retain customers than with content. The right content marketing strategy will help you connect with your customers, create brand awareness, establish your brand’s authority and build trust. That is why content will always rein king when it comes to marketing.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a marketing strategy that focuses on developing and distributing consistent, relevant and valuable content to engage and retain customers. It goes beyond demographics, diving into the consumers needs, wants, concerns and interests to answer questions about how your product or service can benefits them and what roles it plays in their lives. Its purpose is to engage, entertain and inform.
Why is content marketing so important?
In the age of information overload, consumers have way more access to data and information then they ever did before. They’ve begun to demand it. But not just any content will do. They want good, helpful content that lets them make informed decisions.
Here’s how a good content marketing strategy can do just that.
- It gets you found: Content is the backbone of search engine optimization. Without high-quality, unduplicated website content you’ll have a hard time showing up in the search results and that’s the first place most people head when there’s something they want to know.
- It encourages engagement: If your content is genuinely good, providing consumers with the information they want while also entertaining them, it will encourage users to engage. Not only will they stop to consume it, but they begin to will seek it out, comment on it and share it.
- It will set you aside from your competitors: Good content can make you an authority in your industry. It will set you aside from your competition by establishing you as a leader, someone they can trust, and it will lead to brand loyalty.
- It sells without selling: Content marketing allows you to tell your consumer exactly what you want them to know, but in a more causal way that comes across as a conversation instead of a sales pitch. You can still direct the conversation, but with engaging, informational content that entertains your audience.
How to get started with content marketing
High-quality content serves multiple purposes and will always be at the forefront of a solid digital marketing plan. Here are the major steps you need to get started with a proper content marketing plan.
- Set your goals
- Determine your audience
- Decide what you want to communicate
- Develop your content
- Share your content
- Track your results
If you are looking for more help getting your content marketing plan going, you may want to consider hiring a digital marketing company. We work with businesses of all sizing, helping them create effective content that generates more leads. Send us a message to see if we could be a good fit for you and your company.