Google Search Console is a free web service that allows you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your website’s performance in Google’s search results. It is estimated that more than 3 billion searches are performed by Google in a single day. And while you don’t have to sign up for Search Console to be included in these search results, it can help you understand and improve how Google sees your site.
What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google’s search results by offering tools and reports that:
- Confirm Google can find and crawl your website
- Fix indexing problems
- Request re-indexing of new or updated content
- Show you sites that link to yours
- See how often your site appears in Google search results
- See which search queries your site shows for
- Show how often searchers click through to your site from those queries
- Provide alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam, or other issues on your website.
- Troubleshoot issues for AMP, mobile usability, and other features.
Who should use Search Console?
Really anyone with a website can learn something from using Google Search Console. Depending on your role, you may only use a few of its features, but the advantage of the platform is that every experience level and skillset can use it and get actual value from it.
- Business Owners: Use Google Search Console to confirm that Google knows your site exists and to see how it ranks in search results.
- SEO Specialists: Use Search Console to monitor website traffic, optimize rankings, and make informed decisions about your site’s search results. You can use the information in Search Console in conjunction with other Google tools like Analytics, Google Trends, and Google Ads to influence technical decisions for the website and to perform sophisticated marketing analysis.
- Site Administrators: Search Console lets you easily monitor and, in some cases, resolve server errors, site load issues, and security issues like hacking and malware. You can also ensure any site maintenance or adjustments you make happen smoothly with respect to search performance.
- Web Developers: Search Console helps you monitor and resolve common issues with markup, such as errors in structured data.
Getting Started with Google Search Console
It’s free and easy to get started with Google Search Console. Just head to Google https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome to get started. If you have a Google or Gmail account, you will be logged in automatically. Otherwise, start by creating an account. Then you will be asked to select your property type, either domain or URL prefix. You will need to verify ownership of your property and then you’ll be able to begin using the platform.
More Help with Google Search Console
Setting up Google Search Console can be simple. Knowing how to maximize its tools and expand your presence on the crowded internet can be challenging. Legit Click Media can help make sense of all the data, answer your questions and guide your business to greater online visibility with Google Search Console and other marketing tools.
Let our team assess your needs and create a custom plan that maximizes your business’ exposure. Contact us today at 414-465-2285 or send us a message online and let us take the guess work out of internet marketing.