In an effort to join in virtual reality (VR) boom, both Facebook and Twitter are slowly rolling out live-streaming in 360 degrees on their platforms. This week, Facebook published tips to help its users take part in publishing 360 content. The biggest takeaways include:
- You need a 360 camera to take these videos.
- Treat the camera as another person.
- Choose unique locations that offer greater appeal.
- Remember that distance from the lens matters—don’t stand too close or too far away.
- Stability is key, as you do not want to trigger motion sickness in viewers.
- Stray from the Vine mindset, and make videos that are long enough to allow viewers to take in all the details.